From:
Steve Whitcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 21:58:18 -0500
Anyone with weak stomachs, please skip this message.  Forgive the less
than polite nature of this subject, but I'm concerned for the health of
our new ferret.

I'm writing again in regards to our new ferret's excrement.  While it
seems he's starting to have to relieve himself less often, I'm still
concerned.  I've noticed from the beginning that his feces is very soft,
but occasionally notice a slimy mass mixed in.  I don't notice this slimy
stuff every time, but when it is there it seems to be getting larger.
Tonight, the feces was about 1/3 made up of this yellow, mucous-like
slime.

While I can't say *for certain* this was from chewie, since it happened
while I was away from home, I believe that all of these unusual waste
products have been his.

Since our vet is not in tomorrow, I'm going to try and get an appointment
scheduled for first thing Friday.  However, I figured if anyone could get
me a quicker answer, the experts here would know whether this is
something to worry about or not.

Again, please direct any replies to my personal email.

Thank you,
Steve