From:
Matthew Romoser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 00:04:36 -0500
Hello,

I have been a reader of this group now for some time.  I have to wonderful
little ferrets.  Both of which are 3 1/2 years old now.  (Actually, I'm not
100% sure that's correct because I adopted them.  I was told by the shelter
that they were 3 y.o.)

Recently, my sable, Sergeant has gone through really vicious bouts of
lethargy.  It comes and goes.  He usually experiences it right after I wake
him up.  I don't remember him acting this way before.  But, sometimes, but
not all the time, when I wake him up, he stumbles back to his belly and
seems "out of it".  He will not move and salivates heavily.  This usually
lasts about 15 min. then he snaps out of it and is back to his usual self.

He's had all of his shots.  He eats well and his stools are very normal.
BTW, he just snapped out of another spell.  He shakes his head and licks his
chops and goes about his business.  I'm not sure what could be wrong.  I am
going to call the vet tommorrow for an appt.  Has anybody else experienced
this at all?

Thanks,

Matt Romoser
Ft. Wayne, IN