From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:30:35 -0500
I have been watching the show Animal Planet (cable) regularly for the last
month.  Just in the last week I have seen ferrets on two of the shows.  Both
veterinarian shows.  Cannot remember the names.  In one a woman brought in 3
ferrets for their shots (held them with gloves).  they looked healthy and
bright.  It was quite comical watching them wriggling out of the box as the
woman and vet tried to close it.

The second show did a splenectomy (sp?) That was amazing to watch.  I cannot
believe that poor little ferret had something that big inside of him.  His
symptoms were lethargy and weakness in his hind legs.  The vet had everyone
feel the ferret and the spleen when she first brought it in.  It was huge
when he did the surgery.  Ferret came through with flying colors.  It was
very interesting watching the surgery.  I believe the show was called
"Emergency Vets".

Ferrets - Gotta Love 'Em!

Terry and the Energetic 18