Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 23:17:22 -0500
He rushed past me like a pale wall, aflame with the energy of life.  A gear
clicked somewhere deep in mind, and I no longer knew or cared what this
thing was.  Stealthily I crept under the bed, from one piece or debris to
another, not a breath escaped my lips as I passed the dusty, forgotten
books, the old, pink hairbrushes, and the discarded tube-socks.  My heart
racing, I knew what must be done--forgetting everything I'd ever been told,
I seized the white hulk between my teeth and twisted with my entire body.
From a far away place, I heard a giant bellow, "Ouch, my friggin' toe!" and
the behemoth hurled my across the room.  A calming laugh was heard, slightly
before my skull struck the wall like a bug on a windshield.  Gently was I
lifted, to a soft warm place, and in soothing tones he whispered to me, as I
recalled where I was.  He said something like, "You poor, silly sable.  You
almost took my foot off." And I drifted into slumber, content and tired from
a hard day's work.

          --HalP. 9/97