Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:12:05 -0700
Dr. W. wrote
>Doing nothing is not kind and not in a ferret's best interest.

I want to thank you so much for your thoughts on adrenal treatment.  I
have been kicking myself since Tucky passed thinking that maybe I should
have passed up on surgery because of his age..at least he would be here
now enjoying a quality of life even if it didn't buy him too much
time...but then I guess I would be kicking myself for not trying to
remove the tumor with surgery.  It is such a black hole when one of the
kids passes...the support from you all has done a tremendous amount of
healing and I can't thank you all enough.  Time is just too slow a healer
of the pain surrounding loss...end quote.  I have to share this with you
all too.  My heart broke again when I had to break the news to my nephew
Zach who is only seven but so wonderful and smart when it comes to the
furkids.  I was prepared for a river of tears...from both of us but after
breaking the news he just became quiet.  Later on when we were driving
down the road he looked up at the sky through the front window of the car
( he loves to make pictures in the clouds) and said, "Look Kim, there's
Tucker....and he's following us." I know he handles death as well as he
does because of how I've handled it with him and I only hope I didn't
confuse the child with my own sadness.  When we got home we said goodbye
to Tucker together.  I unwrapped his frozen body and Zach told him he
loved him and said goodbye.  A tear barely formed in the child's eye.  I
wish I could say the same for me.

Kim Fox
Animal Communicator
Director of Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue