From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:04:24 -0500
As much as I love these little fur kids they do things that make me
madder than all get-out.

I have a fireplace insert that I use to help heat the house. Of course
that means tending the wood in there and one tool I use is a poker to
move the logs and stuff around inside. This poker has a right angle
bend in the shaft at the end and of course that gets all covered in
soot and ashes.

I give RePete a nice shower, get him all clean and sparkly just like
he came out of the box. Such a clean neat little guy, until he gets to
his favorite toy which is that right angle end of the poker. He will
rub his head and neck all over that end getting soot and ashes all over
himself and then he will roll in he ashes that have fallen out of the
stove so he gets it all over himself. Thus he is worse than a junk yard
wreck at the rust farm !!!

Today he got his usual shower. He tolerates this and will let me know
when he has had enough so I put him down where his first move is to dry
off in the bed covers while I finish the shower. But today I fooled
him, the poker was stashed away, the ashes were clean, and he got
caught and put into a clean cage long before his thoughts turned to
an ash bath.

Ha! Got ya !! But lets see how long this lasts. Probably not long where
I will invariably forget to put the poker back in the metal bucket and
RePete will again decorate himself in burnt wood. Oh well.

If that is the worst thing he does then he is gold, and he is gold as
it is anyway.

Gordon and RePete

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Rev. J Gordon Bengtson