From:
JACCI COPELAND <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:42:29 -0500
My sweetheart Charlie, my little Energizer Bunny/Ferret, crossed the
Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He was diagnosed with advanced lymphoma the
first week of August and the vet said he had 3 weeks to live. Well he
surpassed his "expiration date" by 3 months!! Just when I was almost
forgetting he was going to pass any day, he finally did. I had been
living every day as if it were his last ever since he saw the vet, so
he got extra lovin's every single day since. He passed overnight, in
the cage with his 7 brothers & sisters, so he was not alone. I still
feel guilty that I wasn't able to comfort him in his final hours, but
try to reassure myself that even though I was never sure how old he was
(a neighbor found him in her yard 3 years ago, and thought he WAS mine,
since I am the "crazy ferret lady" in the neighborhood) I am sure that
his last years were his most enjoyable. He was just the sweetest boy,
and I am going to miss him like crazy!

Goodnight, sweet prince.  Now you have your wings!

Jacci Copeland & the Psycho Circus:
Stormy the Cyclone
Bailey the Bodacious
Skittles the Skittish