From:
Bruce Langwiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 21:00:22 -0500
I didn't read your original mail about Logan and your boyfriend nor do I
know where you are from but I did notice that the responses I saw were from
females.  (My wife read the responses to me actually).  I'm trying to figure
out a calm rationale way to say what I want to say but can't quite figure
out how to do it, so I'll be blunt.  Anyone who would treat an animal in
that manner has no respect for the animals or another human being.  You need
to get away from this jerk, and do anything you can to get the fuzzies away
from him.  You must realize that you've done nothing wrong by wanting to
remove the ferrets from that type of person, he has the problem, not you.
There are many social agencies that can help you and many rescue groups for
the ferrets.  Look at the number of people who have responded.  If you need
addresses for ferret rescue shelters, I'm sure any of the LOS folks can
point you in a direction, a local vet, the ASPCA/Humane Shelter (If they are
"ferret wise").  I work with a wonderful lady who has a state by state list
of vets and knows a lot of ferret-folk.  Please e-mail me if you'd like, I
(my wife and I constitute I in the house, we're interchangeable) would like
to help in any way we can.

Bruce