Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 05:29:58 -0700
My comments about:

>From:    Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I believe the bridge used to get less traffic, but nowadays, the
>lifespan of Marshall Farms ferrets seems to have been halved almost,
>with a lucky few of mine still surviving into old age. Most of mine
>were all born the 2000-2006 years, purchased in Michigan from Petco.

To start with I have four Fuzzies, Daisy my first and a Marshall Farms
Ferret 4 1/2 years old, then Jasper also Marshall Farms, a return at a
petco store and an Albino which I had to have. Then Herbie a Marshall
Farms Ferret given to me by the Oregon Ferret Shelter. Fourth is Olivia
the cutest Angora also given to me by the Oregon Ferret Shelter. She of
course is not! a Marshall Ferret, but of Finnish decent. For a period I
did feed them Marshalls Ferret Kibbles, but since switched to a high
quality Ferret kibble blend of two brands. I find they eat less of it
as it is more nourishing to them. That equalizes the higher cost of
the food.

I lost one Ferret, a beautiful Cinnamon Ferret to Cancer and at a young
age. She was a Marshall, and raised on Marshall food with the dreaded
BHA preservative.

Regarding Petco, be aware they no longer sell Marshall Ferrets and
now get them from a Canadian Breeder. Anytime I am near a Petco store
I must stop in for a Ferret Fix. You become aware the Ferrets they
now have are much different than the Marshalls they had, they are
healthier, more active, and begging to be taken out and handled, and
just love it. Try it...

I did send Petco an inquiry about the Canadian Ferret thing but did
not receive a reply. Still do not know the breeder they come from.

Lastly, the US Govt will be making some rules for "puppy mill
operations" which will include Ferrets. Among these rules are the age
of the babies when removed from their Mother. The age required before
Spay/Neuter can be done. Methods of transporting to stores, and the
required care in transit. It will all be spelled out. Acceptance of
comments on this is now closed, so must now wait and see.

Hope this is informative;
Frank.

--
   Never forget 9/11 and the cost of FREEDOM! 'Tedra'
     Ferrets: http://oakgrovedesigns.net/ferretSS