From:
"Susan D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:43:25 EDT
Hi,

I'm a ferret contact person for the Boone County animal shelter in
Florence, KY.  Today a ferret was dropped off by someone that found her
(looks like a she, but I'm not 100% sure) in the house he just moved into.
Seems the previous owner moved and left her behind.  The shelter has to
hold her 7 days before releasing since she wasn't dropped off by his owner,
but turned in as a "stray."  She's a brown ferret with the mask.  I went
up and played with her for a little while; very playful and didn't bite at
all.  I left some Totally Ferret.  In my opinion, she's younger.

I don't know what their policy is on pets that aren't cats or dogs that
aren't adopted out.  If you're interested, just contact me and I'll put you
in contact with the animal control officer.  Otherwise, ferret math may
kick in here.........

To all of you with sick fuzzies or have recently lost one, you're in my
prayers.  One of mine was just diagnosed with insulinoma and put on pred,
so I've been doing a lot of research trying to learn what I can.  Keep
Oscar in your thoughts and prayers!

Thanks!

Susan