From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2011 07:13:15 -0400
As many of you know we had a hurricane (Isabel) come by here. During
the storm there were of course power loss almost from the beginning
where we here in central Va. got hit far worse than the eye way down
at Va. Beach area. Of course I had catastrophic damage here, several
houses next to me were totally destroyed from falling trees and my
pole, the last in that circuit, was stripped of all wires from falling
trees.

During the storm I was watching Pest R. Doodle and for sure she knew
something was extremely wrong. She was pacing back and forth and her
body was not in any kind of normal form. It was so very obvious she was
in distress from the storm. I reached in to give her some reassurance
and she was shaking! I was not here when the earth quake hit a week
prior so not sure what, if anything, Pester knew or felt but this time
for sure she knew even though she could not see outside. Usually she
sleeps allot but she did not ever close her eyes once during the entire
storm which lasted all day and all night. I would try to give her
reassurance as much as I could but nothing would calm her down.

When it was all over the both of us went into a deep sleep, much needed
rest. She is back to normal now but she still is on edge. The crashing
of heavy huge trees every 20 or so minutes, the blasting wind, the loud
crunching of splintering wood and torrential rain left a mark on both
of us. Pester is good company. Just to watch here make me realize how
helpless she is and how much she depends on me to survive. So helpless
and innocent. She knows that I guess. Ferrets just know things. Wish
they could talk!

Gordon and Pest R. Doodle

_12-2Envelope