From:
Mark Andrew Pendl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 1996 09:25:42 -0500
We have a hedgehog in the house.  His name is "Suss." I noticed your concern
about spiders.  All I can say is that Suss is scared of almost anything,
from a bump to a movement of a leg, and curls into a koosh-ball everytime.
Also, if you want to keep `poo' off the floor, a hedgehog is also not the
way to go.  Suss's droppings are terrible for leaving little stains on
anything and everything.  The urine, well, I don't even want to talk about
the urine, except that Suss drags his butt around after he relieves himself
and spreads it along the floor like a little mop.

I dunno if they have the mental capacity, but can they be trained for using
litter boxes?  It seems like this hedgehog spends too much time in a ball to
remember where to go.

*** Mark A. Pendl **Conjunctivitis  Incorporated** [log in to unmask] ***
***                    http://www.uwm.edu/~spam                     ***