Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:27:06 -0500
I wanted to first of all thank every one that responded to my post about
a month back on my ferret Count Ibili and I believe I personally answered
everyone back but if I inadvertently missed someone, my apologies.

The vet said the 6 aspirations of the mass taken were inconclusive and
he needed to "crack Ibili's chest open" to see the mass directly and I
refused.  If Ib has cancer he is going to die for sure so I decided to
make whatever time he has left quality time and not put him through any
unnecessary pain.  I am going to take him in for another X-Ray the 5th of
September to see if it has grown.  This was not an easy decision to make
but I did what I felt was in the best interest of my ferret.  If Ibby has
cancer then I am still waiting to see him deteriorate as he shows no signs
of illness.  He is spunky, huge, eats like a pig and plays like mad.  I
just wish I knew for sure what was going on with him because something
caused that blood in his bowel movements and something caused that mass to
form.  I just don't know what!  My vet was given two other ferret vet phone
numbers but to my knowledge did not make contact and this does bother me a
bit.  Either way time will certainly reveal all.

Again, my thanks to all of you who responded.

Diane