From:
"Blanca A. Martinez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 22:42:43 -0800
Hello,

I have a 2 1/2 year old Blaze named Dudley.  He is my third ferret and I
recently found out he has Lymphoma.  I had all of my ferrets bloodwork done
back in December.  He was the last of my worries.  I never suspected him to
come down with anything, nevertheless Lymphoma, which I know nothing about.
I had a second full CBC done last week.  His Absolute Lymphs had risen from
3181 to 3660, 66% to 60%, (if a vet or someone else that understands these
stats and would like to see both full CBC's please e-mail me and I will fax
both documents to you.) Needless to say, I don't understand these stats, and
it was hard for me to listen today to my vet when all I could think about
was Dudley.  On the second CBC, there was an added note from the lab saying
they found some Lymphoblasts and they think it is Lymphoma.  His activity
level is great!  Dooking and being his typical 'alpha' self.  Eating great,
although his coat is very rough.  I was considering having him going through
chemo, but I am a college student, and I cannot afford the two thousand
dollars treatment, unfortunately.  If I had it, I wouldn't think twice.  I
am going to check with my finances and hopefully have him operated and have
a Lymph node removed, analyzed, and see how far in stages he is.  There is
one thing I am asking, I have friends telling me about the miracle of Timmy.
What is the story?  And what is the recipe?  PLEASE HELP ME!!!  I would do
anything for this ferret!!  I am not keeping my hopes up for this food, but
I will try it!!  ANYTHING!  He was my first 'pet store rescue' and if you
heard his background and how mistreated he was, you would understand how
close he is to me and my other kids.  Thank you, and send your wishes and
recipes.

Blanca A. Martinez
Secretary of the Ferret Lovers Club of Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth)