Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:09:15 -0700
I'm curious to know if anyone out there would please be willing to email
me privately to share their experiences with any ferrets they've had to
treat for IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disorder/Disease).

My 6.5 yr. old Phoebe was just *diagnosed* with this and is also
borderline anemic (adding to her already present insulinoma and adrenal
issues).  I've done some researching on the internet, the FML, and the
FHL and also have received some very good recommendations on what food
products and meds to try but was also curious to know what might be
working best, overall, in ferrets, from others' experiences.

Of course I'm aware that every ferret's IBD issues could be different
and that they could each respond to different treatments in different
ways but any suggestions you might be willing to offer would be greatly
appreciated.

Phoebe's doctor has recommended adding in .16mL (what an odd amount) of
Imuran to the mix of .60 mL prednisolone and .20 diazoxide and I think
I need to make some changes to her food (soup) formula as well.  I'm
concerned about the fact that the Imuran and pred combo will weaken her
immune system but not many other options besides this and surgery and
Phoebe's not really a *great* surgical candidate at this time.

THANKS so much for your input!

Jennifer and the 3 Amigos :-)