Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:42:00 -0500
Merry Christmas All !!!!

Twas the night before Christmas and all thru the cage, not a creature
was stirring, not even the ferrets,

The stockings were hung by the food dish with care in the hopes that
Santa Quantas would soon be there,

The ferrets were all nestled snug in their beds while visions of
ferretone danced in there heads..

Mama in her snooze sack and I in my hammock had just settled down for a
long winters nap,

When out off the cage there rose such a clatter I sprang from my
hammock to see what was the matter,

Away down the ramp I flew like a flash threw open the door and ran with
a dash,

The moon on a breast of a new fallen snow gave the luster of midday to
the carpet below.

When what to my wondering eyes should there be but a tiny sleigh and
eight reinferrets that I see..

With a furry driver so lively and astonished I knew in a moment it must
be Santa Quantas,

more rapid than eagles his reinferrets they came he whistled and
shouted and called them by name..

Now Baxter, now Kirby, now Elliott and Dodger on Luther, on Angus, on
Duncan and Gotter,

to the top of the tube and down the hall now dash away dash away now
dash away all,

so up to the cage top the reinferrets they flew with a sleigh full of
toys and Santa Quantas too.

And then in the wink of an eye I saw the prancing and dancing of each
little paw,

as I drew in my head and turned around Santa Quantas came down the
tube with a bound,

he was dressed in fur from his paw to his foot fur all tarnished with
litter and soot,

a bundle of toys he had flung on his back he looked like a weasel just
opening his pack,

his eyes how they twinkled his dimples how merry his cheeks were like
roses his nose like strawberries,

his tiny mouth drawn up like a bow and the mitts on his paws were as
white as the snow,

the stump of some red licorice he held in his teeth the aroma of it
circling his head like a wreath,

he had a broad face and a chubby little belly that shook when he
chattered like a bowl full of jelly,

he was chubby and plump a right jolly old ferret that I laughed when I
saw him without any merit,

a wink of his eye and a twist of his head soon gave me to know there
was nothing to dread,

he spoke not a word but went straight to work and filled the stockings
and turned with a jerk, and laying a paw aside of his nose and giving
a nod up the tube he rose,

he sprang to his sleigh to his reinferrets gave a whistle and away they
flew like the down of a thistle,

but I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight. Merry Christmas to
all and to all a good night !!!