From:
cynthia jennerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:52:23 -0700
Hello,

Thank you to those who responded to my foamy fry dilema, it does seem
that foamy fries can not be obtained locally, but for the fuzz-butts I'll
go the extra mile to get them.

Last summer I had a ferret push the screen out and jump out a 5' high
window.  She took herself for a little walk and then layed down to bask in
the sun on the back steps where I found her.  The solution to the escape:
the window stayed closed alllll summer long.  Oh well, she ruined it for
everyone.

Couches: The best way to deal with ferrets digging in couches is to buy
a $5 from Good Will and don't worry about it.  Actually, being a college
student, all my furniture is from Good Will.  They can tear it up all
they like and I'll only be out about 20 bucks.

Choking: Never had this problem, but as a certified EMT, it seems to me
that you could do the Heimlich on a ferret.  Pick them up around the
middle and gently press up and in just at the bottom of their ribs.  Note
that I haven't tried this, don't even know it it's safe, but in theory it
should work.

Good luck to everyone on their dilema's.  I get to move this month and
will have to begin ferret-proofing a new house.  Whooopeee!

Luv 'n hugs to fuzzies,
Cynthia