From:
Michelle Z Matta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:06:49 -0500
I posted a while back that I sent out 3 packets to 3 different vets locally.
Each packet contained 3 copies of each medical faq as well as the ferret
faq.

Of the 3 vets, I have heard favorable things from 2.  I received a letter
within one week from the emergency vets office.  Very nice letter.  It
thanked me for the information and that they welcomed such information and
that their staff was ferret knowledgable and that I should make an
appointment to come in and see them.

Then, this last weekend, we all went in for their shots and we had one of
the other vets than we usually see (its a multi dr practice).  I asked her
if she knew anything about the information I sent and she said yes, that she
"stole" it for a weekend from our vet and was very impressed.  She asked if
it was updated and if I could make sure they get the updates.  She also said
that it was making its rounds with the staff.

I haven't heard from the 3rd vets office.  He was recommended by STAR, and
he's rather far from me, but I figured, "just in case".

Way to go Pam!  I'm telling you - it needs to be published!!!  Our vet even
said that.  She said that she's never seen anything as useful in print as
the FAQs.

- Mish

Carnegie Mellon University......Athletic Dept
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/mish/home.html
(Departmental)....http://www.cmu.edu/athletic