From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:50:27 -0400
Hi, Selena...just getting caught up on my FML's.  We just put in a
bamboo floor in our new bathroom.  My husband (who has put down more
than one or two hardwood floors) said that the bamboo was *incredibly*
dense, and harder to work with than oak, but DANG what a nice result!
It has a *beautiful* grain.It also smells like sweet grass.  It will be
interesting to see how it wears over the years.  As a plus, it is cheaper
than any of the hardwood kits you can buy at big home improvement stores
like Lowes or Home Depot.  We like it so much we're thinking of doing the
kitchen floor with it, too.  Ferrets have NO traction on it!
(Bwa-ha-ha-ha!)

Ping and Puma have *tried* real hard to stain it, but have so far been
unsucessful.  The nastiness just wipes up.

Alexandra in MA
(Just catching up from a long time off-line)