From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:07:30 -0400
First of all, thank you to everyone for your congrats about Dakota! He
has made SUCH a difference in Cody's life and it just warms my heart to
see him so happy with his new brother and playmate. I kew it might be
more work for me but i am SO glad I brought Dakota into our lives. I
KNOW i did the right thing. Dakota has adjusted wonderfully so far and
Cody and Dakota act as if they were long lost buds.

Now, It didn't seem possible that it could happen again, but it has.
My greatest fears were confirmed this morning by Dr. Potts, Ruby now
has Lymphoma as well as Buddy. I knew the moment I felt the first of
many enlarged nodes on Thursday of last week but didn't/couldn't say
anything until I knew for absoloute sure. What's hard is that Ruby,
just as her Brother Buddy, and her sister Holly did, will pass not long
after she turns five. I was so good, I didn't even cry (until I got to
my car) I was just too numb. 3 lymphomas in a row with no break in
between. Lymphoma will take the entire family I've had for the last
4 years. I told Dr Potts I must have the lymphomic kiss of death or
something. It just assured me that if it were not lymphoma, it would
have been something else (but why all 3 at age 5??, I DID NOT get
enough time with them as they were already 1 (Buddy) and 2 (Ruby) when
I adopted them) He reminded me about the saying "things come in 3's.
I'm praying these boys stay healthy for a long while. This is just
unbelievable.

Dakota has helped ease the sting of all this because I know Cody is
SO happy. I just don't know why, and would it even matter why this has
happened to Holly, Buddy and now Ruby.

Anyway, that's the news from the Pyron crew. A new family has begun,
where lymphoma has ended another. Dakota will probably be my last new
ferret as Benny wants me to retire from ferrets when he retires from
work. I will treasure every single second I have with Buddy and Ruby.
And i will do the same with this new little family.

Love to You All

Sue