Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:20:05 -0400
I just started a new Yahoo Group for the New York Metropolitan area.
This is JUST an email list.  There are no membership dues, no
obligations, and no formal organization.  It is not intended to replace
any shelter or formal club in the area already.

Rather, I thought it would be nice to have a list of local (New York, New
Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut) ferret owners where we can chat and
socialize a bit.  Hopefully, this will be a place where a local ferret
owner can go to find a pet sitter when going on vacation, or get a vet
recommendation, or get advice on syringe feeding a sick ferret in the
middle of the night.

Also, I will post events featuring ferrets periodically (adoption days,
shelter helper days, etc.) so that members will know about them.  I can
also post about volunteer opportunities in shelters, etc., if anyone is
interested.

Anyway, the list is NJ_Area_Ferretbuddies on Yahoo Groups.  To subscribe,
please just reply to:

Then confirm your subscription, and you will be in.  :->

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483