From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:22:26 -0400
>One of my ferrets, Draco, is having a small problem.  When he eats or
>yawns, you can hear his jaw "pooping" or "grinding".  It sounds almost
>the same, as someone with TMJ.  The vet checked to see if it was out of
>line, and she could find nothing.  He eats, plays, and poops fine........
>so, I'm not sure if this is something I should be worried about or not?

I wouldn't worry overly much, as it is not something that in the absence
of clinical signs or radiographic findings, we wouldn't even have an idea
of what to fix.

If this was my post - I'd probably have about ten people ask me what sound
a jaw makes when it poops......

Another typing-challenged lister,
Bruce Williams, DVM