From:
John McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 19:32:34 -0400
Hi there,

well as u know i have a new 6 week old ferret( formally known as bear with a
hip problem) now he is known as rebel ( he responds to this name and runs to
u .  as bear he did not even look at u must be the sound of it who knows)
well after just 2 weeks of having him in our home he sems to walk much
better with only a slight hop wobble.  The vet was amazed at the
improvement.  But we will still take him for another check in a few weeks.I
was wondering if it was normal for him to talk as much as he does?  He dooks
all the time.  u say hi he starts to chatter,walk in the room he starts, it
doesn't matter what u do he just talks !  Is he scared or happy?

I also have 2 other ferrets.  Nosey and Trouble(7 m) .Nosey took to him real
fast and showed him the ropes.  But trouble just walks up to him and bites
on him then walks away.Rebel cries out and moves away from her, then goes
and attacks her.  But Trouble will walk up to Rebel while he is sleeping or
playing or eating and just bite on him.  Is she showing him whois boss or
does she not like him?  Nosey and Rebel roll all over and bite and play all
the time.  Nosey and Trouble havent played since i got Rebel.( Trouble has
also been sick since the day after Rebel came home so i do not know if this
is causing her not to play) Is there a chance that she is depressed?  If so
what can i do to help her get through this change?  I really hate to see my
little girl not playing like she use to.

Ok.  Nosey loves mt. dew.  So does my husband.Well i think N. can recognize
the Mt. Dew can.  Everytime my husband opens a can ,here comes N. well he
learned that if u jump on the table, u can get on the chair, which then u
can get to the couch , then on to the pass through counter that leads to the
sink that holds the can of soda or cup.  I have tried everything i can think
of to keep N. from doing this.  Does any one know how to keep a ferret of
the counters and furniture?  (I know im crazy for even thinking i can keep
him off something like a couch) but im crazy with him going in my sink.  He
can even turn the water on!  ahhhhhhhhh

Sherri
Nosey< hey mom look at me!
Trouble< ummm i wonder where my new chew toy is {{{Rebel}}}}?
Rebel< is that an ankle i can bite?{{{chomp}}}}