From:
Michelle Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:01:19 +1300
Dear SaraFerret

Could you please greet my precious boy Pippin

Pippin had been having a tough time of things with a long illness and
with weekly visits to the vet, on Saturday 23rd Jan, he had a small
procedure done but after months of never giving in it was too much for
him. He passed quietly on the ride home.

Since Pippin passed over, I have noticed that Merry has been tearing up
paper to make a bed so he can sleep where his brother used to, so now I
put a blanket down there for him, and he's getting some extra cuddles
so he doesn't pine for him.

I would love to have you SaraFerret to greet him as I know you are the
adopted Bridge Mum for NZ ferrets, but I worry that he wont know any
ferrets who would greet him as he is the first of my batch to pass
over. He never knew my previous little guy, Frikkie, who I am sure is
there somewhere. I'm sure he wouldn't be lonely though as some of the
other NZ ferrets like Jimmy, Nudge, Ash, Sammy and the big NZ ferret
clan will love to meet up with him, .

Of the 2 brothers Merry and Pippin, Pippin was always the most
intelligent and the natural leader. He would, for example, figure out
how to work the catflap and then enlist Merry to help him. It was
Pippin who stole my purse out of my bag and hid it under the coffee
table so I was an hour late for work. In fact, my handbag was what he
always made a bee line for given half a chance. He especially loved
the black pipe-tunnels and would spend ages moving them to get them in
exactly the right position. He loved playing in them with Merry with
their strict "only one ferret in a tube at a time" rule. He loved
playing in water, but hated a bath to the extent that he would scream.
Like all ferrets he loved plastic bags, he never really took to soft
or plastic toys. His favourite treat was an occasional piece of plain
wholewheat bread.

His spirit never faded right up to the end. He was pouncing on Marco up
to a couple of days before he passed. He also loved his food and never
lost his appetite.

Most of all he loved to wrestle with his brother and, in later life,
Marco his adopted brother

Merry, Marco, Missy, and Sofi sure miss him alot

I comfort myself by thinking his spine is straight now and he can run
and play like he loved to do when he was well.

In his sack will be a precious piece of mummies heart, lots of precious
memories and hugs galore

The inscription on his casket will read:
"Pippin 07.11.2006 - 22.01.2011
Always remembered as a special friend and a brave little soldier."

Sofi has suddenly become very close to me and just wants to sit on my
lap, climb on my shoulder, give me kisses, have her tummy and chest
rubbed. When I go inside she tries to follow me! What a turn around
from a year ago.

I'm doing ok, but still have my moments when the tears flow. Having
the others to cuddle makes such a difference and they're all so
affectionate.

Be well my precious boy thanks so much for sharing your life with me

Much love and thanks to you all
Alison