From:
"LOG MR. MICHAEL HACKWORTH" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 14:21:00 EST
I've been sitting back reading the past few weeks of postings and figured
I'd respond to a few things.  No specific order, just rambelings.

1) Dr. Pet aquariums.  We bought our two ferrets from dr. Pet.  I have to
say that they had about 4-5 ferrets in an aquarium no bigger than a 20
gallon one.  We bought two and regularly went in to play with them so they
could get a little exercise.  yes it was depressing to see them in such a
small cage.  In all the pet storees I've been in, Dr.  Pet was the only one
who did that (and I've been in several Dr.  Pet's).  Mostly they are custom
made cages or the Ferret condos as I like to call them, the three level
type things.

2)  Since reading about so many people with sick fuzzies I started getti ng
worried about my two.  I've since spent more time with them, checking them
over, cleaning up more and playing more.  I'm going to get them to the
vet in the next week or so to get them up to date on the shots and get
a regular check out.  I'll ask the vet to clean the ears and then ask them
for possibly something good to clean the ears out regularly myself.

3) Raisins.  I was glad to hear that there are other ferrets out there that
don't particularly care for raisins.  I put a little pile out and was
handing them to my two, they seemed more interested in chewing the box than
the raisin!  So I left a few on the ferret room floor and left them play.
Came back and a few were gone, so they are showing some interest in them :)
[Moderator's note: They're probably putting them in your shoes.  BIG]

that's about all for now.  HOpe all the sick fuzzies get better and can
bounce and play and make noise soon!  Good luck to all!

Mike H. "Come on, it's a raisin, ferrets love raisins. I've read about it
from the experts on the FML"
Belle "Hey, this box is yummy, I want the box"
Spyke "my these toes are yummy" (*lick lick chomp*)