From:
Jen Marin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 14:40:48 -0400
I am posting this on behalf of a friend (Jen) & her little guy.  Tiki is a
little monster that Jen purchased from a local pet store -- supposedly
neutered & descented -- from a large-scale breeder in PA.  Tiki is huge --
almost 4 lbs now at 5 months -- but there are 2 thing about him which are
rather disturbing.  First of all is his odor-- it is rather foul, with a
tinge of urine smell to it.  This is the case even after a bath (i know cuz
I babysat him for 2 weeks).  Also, the area directly anterior to his
urethra is rather hard.  It appears to cause him no discomfort, however.  I
have never noticed these problems with any other ferret that I have played
with (maybe 15 total) and I am concerned that they may signify something
problematic such as left over testicular tissue or something.

Jen has brought Tiki to her vet-- he said both conditions were normal and
that the smaell was probably from fleas (?!).  I'd like to believe him, but
it just doesn't sit right with me.  Has anyone else ever experienced  similar
conditions?

thanks
Elfyr & the Finn ( get this big smelly lug offa me!!!)
Jen & Tiki ( I'm just gettin' you back for terrorizing me throughout my
puberty!)