From:
Stacey Yea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:38:18 -0500
Hello All,

I am an avid FML reader, but have not posted in awhile.  I have 2 wonderful
boys whom I adore.  I will be taking vacation in May to Florida, I live in
Ottawa Canada.  My question or should I say request for tips and advice in
regards to plane travelling with ferts.  This situation has me nervous.
I will be going away for 2 weeks, in most situations people leave their
weasels at home, unfortunately I can't.  As many of you know ferrets can be
very sensitive, my guys get a lot of attention and are pretty big " Mama's
Boys" if you know what I mean ?  Anyway, they are experience travellers for
they have came with me on many weekend trips to NY.  I have attempted to
leave them home twice and my oldest did not like the idea, he refused to
eat and became very depressed plus the only person who can watch them is
also coming on vacation.

As far as I know the only airline is DELTA, so I have already planned to
travel with that airline..........has anyone on the list flown with their
ferts on Delta, if so any advice on that would be great, supposedly I have
been told that they will have to fly in separate carriers in the cabin ?

Secondly, we will be staying in a ferret friendly apt, however, I have been
racking my brain on what to keep them in as a cage for when we are out, the
only idea I have found is the collapsible cage.  The room that they will be
in is safe but I want them to have their own safe space to retreat.

I have no choice but to bring them but want their trip to be fun too!  If
anyone, has any info please e-mail me directly, time is ticking!

Thanking you all in advance! Stace, Binks and Lou
Stacey E. Yea
Office Manager
MMIST Inc.
Phone: (613) 723-0403