From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:09:31 EDT
I remember it well.  It was about a year ago.  I never had seen such a
crowd.  There were fur babies and the hoof babies and the kitty cats and
the puppy dogs all running to the Bridge.  At first I figured someone
else was crossing the Bridge.  Then I thought it must have been one of
our human mommies or daddies.

I know they are not our real mommies and daddies, but they feed us and
bathe us and give us treats and take us to the doctor person when we are
sick.  And when it is time to take that long sleep, they hold us and cry
for us.  My daddy held me in his arms, trying to make it so I wasn't
afraid, until my heart stopped and I wasn't breathing no more.  And he
cried all that night.  And he put me in a box with my favorite toy and
some food and my blankie.  And I remember he cried all night.

When I got here I was really scared.  I did not know what to think.  Then
some of the other guys, fur babies and the hoof babies and the kitty cats
and the puppy dogs, explained to me what had happened.  I now understand
it better.  This is the place that we go to wait for our human mommies
and daddies.  Here, no one is sick or hurts.  I see my friends and litter
mates that I haven't seen since I was a baby kit.

Every now and then, a human mommie or daddie comes across the Bridge.
They always looks confused and sometimes a little scared.  Then that's
when the fur babies and the hoof babies and the kitty cats and the puppy
dogs go to their human mommies and daddies and explain that they have
crossed the Bridge to a place where there is no pain and no one is sick
no more.  It is now our turn to make them not afraid.  And that this is
place where you don't have to be scared no more and that in a little
while the Parent of all mommies and daddies will come to meet them.  But
I never seen so many fur babies and the hoof babies and the kitty cats
and the puppy dogs running to the Bridge at once.

I remember that day about a year ago when all these human mommies and
daddies came to the Bridge all at once.  They were confused and scared.
We had to take care of them.  We know a lot now.  Many of them had fur
babies and the hoof babies and the kitty cats and the puppy dogs.  And
the fur babies and the hoof babies and the kitty cats and the puppy dogs
went to find there human mommies and daddies.  My human daddy hasn't come
yet but a lot of us took care of the human mommies and daddies who had no
one at the Bridge and told them where they were.  We licked their hands
and gave them kisses and nuzzled them and brought them treats.  We told
them that this is a place where there is no more pain and no one is sick
no more and the Parent of all the humans mommies and daddies will be here
in a little while.  I told them that the Parent of all mommies and
daddies is really nice and that He loves everyone, even the fur babies
and the hoof babies and the kitty cats and the puppy dogs.

I remember it well.  It was about a year ago.

[BA]