From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 22:34:17 -0800
Tia's test results came back today, and unfortunately the news is not
encouraging.

The mass in his spleen was the result of an injury that had caused the
spleen to rupture.  This makes me angry, but what's done is done.

However, the tumour on his leg turned out to be Lymphosarcoma and all
indications point to the very real possibility that it has spread.  The
previous owner tells me that the lump had been visible for about 5 months,
but since it didn't seem to be "bothering him" the owner simply ignored it.
This makes me even angrier.

Tia, despite Dr. Brondwin's heroic efforts, may not make it.  Dr. Brondwin
doesn't want to see Tia die though, and would like to try Chemotherapy, but
has never done this with a ferret.  I've never experienced it myself, so we
are unsure how long it will extend his life, if at all.  Tia is so weak and
thin, and now we are really in a pickle.

Please keep Tia in your thoughts ... we'll be making a decision this
weekend.  As much as we'd like to go through with it, it boils down again to
cost, cost,cost, as well as dangerous side effects and prognosis.  If only
Tia could talk and tell us what he wants.

On a brighter note, however, I was overwhelmed with the letters many of you
sent to Dr. Brondwin.  I can't wait to bring them to him and brighten up his
day a little bit.  Tia and I are grateful beyond words.  Thank you all :)

Sheena
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver