From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2012 11:37:07 -0400
Dearest FML Friends

It seems to me lately, that I've seen alot of passings, but I haven't
seen many, if any greetings from the Bridge Greeters. Maybe I'm wrong,
maybe I've just missed them, but it got me thinking. Now you all know
by now what happens when I start thinking, especially when I'm supposed
to be going to sleep. Well, lines start popping into my head and before
I knew it, I was up again, jotting them all down. (if i don't they're
gone in the morning!) Sure enough, this poem below came to be. I don't
have a fertie passing away right now, although my Ruby is well into her
7th month with Lymphoma and I'm not sure how much longer she'll be with
me. But this is for anyone who does.

Where Have All The Greeters Gone?

Greeters where are you tonight?
My baby's tired and cannot fight
He'll need your help to cross tonight
Will you be there to guide?

Greeters have you grown too tired?
With all the greetings, are you mired?
Or is it that you've all been fired?
He needs your hand to hold

Greeters dear will you be there?
My baby's weak and oh so scared
He needs your love to show you care
Please don't leave him alone.

In times that passed,sweet greetings dear
have shown me that his love's still here
I need to know, I ask with tears
Help me know he's ok

I thank you each and every time
you greet a fert, not only mine
Your words of comfort, how they shine
God bless you one and all

Sue Pyron
10-22-12

[Moderator's note: The greeters occasionally write me to let me know
they are sending their greetings privately. I'd rather they were posted
here, but the most important thing is that people do receive them. BIG]