From:
Sandra Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 06:31:45 -0500
This is hard to write, so please bear with me. And as I'm not gifted
with the elegant writings. I try to keep my personal life just that,
personal. But am bringing it here to clarify some misunderstandings.
I apologize if this offends anyone.

Recently, headaches have occurred, bad ones. My memory is affected with
them, & of course being in pain makes me short tempered. Icare. saw a
SARHA Dr as I'm just 1 in a sea of millions without health insurance.
With a cat scan, x-rays, they found a sot on my brain, left side, rear.
They Dr made a *educated guess* at my request that he's thinking
cancer. More tests follow later this month, MRI's & such.

To say that this knocked the wind from me is pretty accurate. This
affects my job, my livelihood as I do hospice health care. So, it's
upset me. I also was training Nicole Berrey to take over the shelter
at some point in next 3-4 yrs. She is now president & & I'll be there
to help her but had to step down. I know I've just recently reopened
as there were no working shelters in Al. Couldn't see having ferrets
PTS as there's nowhere for them to go. One high kill shelter I work
with gives 3 days from enter to PTS for ferrets.

As I freaked out, I'd contacted what shelters were within a minimal
drive from me, those I knew may have room, no responses. So, I asked
Debbie Whorley if she could take some in, in a text. Then we spoke on
the phone. I explained everything to her. She asked me to come & stay
with her, to help her for a period. I agreed as my job is on hold.
So, I planned to go & help Debbie to help me place as many of my 28 as
possible. She has a knack for moving them faster than most. I would be
there to take care of my crew as well as do any help she needed. I'd
be bringing all my crews junk, meds, soups, bedding, litters, ect. And
then donating to her shelter for helping us.

I admire & love Debbie, as she knows. If I didn't, I'd never have asked
her for help. But things have been misunderstood & feelings hurt. Other
people, I want to say. Not Debbie & I.

After talking with a couple of my closest friends, one of 36 yrs & has
no ferrets, another of 13 yrs & does. I explained everything. I wanted
their advice on which way I should go. They too, agreed with me that
it's asking alot of Debbie to undertake this, as she has so many
herself. Her heart is bigger than Texas. But both of our lives &
those of ferrets would be uprooted & havoc would follow.

So, as such a generous offer of help from Debbie, I gratefully decline.
To much for the both of us. And I do love those Hotlanta peeps. I will
keep & place the ferrets myself. Stay here & do what I must. And keep
my sharp tongue to myself, as the headaches worsen. I try not to offend
anyone.

And now, all the dirty laundry is hung out there

--
Sandi Robinson
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter

Petfinder AL 132
http://fuzzyslave.com
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AL132
no kill
we always need volunteers
Please help us with funding & do a Good Search with us!!
We also are in need of sponsors for the older hospice needs.
Just $5 a month will help.
Remember God in all we do,for without HIM,we are nothing