From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:45:08 +700
Just in case you may be wondering what the story about the peg-legged
ferret lead to, it was the final line of taking a picture of the ferret
with its wooden leg, as if one could use the wooden leg itself as a camera,
instead of a camera.

Now for those of you who posted me and made me feel really bad when you
wrote of your sympathy for that poor ferret, I should like to let you know
that I thank you for your kind words.  I really don't deserve them.  You
know why?  'Cause I was afibbin' yo.

But it was nothing more than an attempt to "pull you in," so to speak with
that final sentence.  It was all a build-up to the end statement.

I confess, when it was pulled on me (was about a man with a wooden leg and
not a ferret) I bit on it hook, line, and sinker.  I chuckled, gafawed, and
thought it was really clever - that play on words.

Since this ferret list is so gloomy and sad most of the time with all the
tortured stories of ferrets dying and so, so many cancers, and so many
tales of bushwacking (biting) ferrets, I try to lift a few spirits now and
then with what I regard as humor, as I did with my story of the peg-legged
ferret.

But it's hard to make everybody chuckle, I guess.  What is one man's HAW
HAW, may be another man's HO HUM or even DUM DUM.

Come on everybody.  Let's have more delights, HAW HAWS and little crooked
and comical stories, real or fanciful.

And another thing I've never quite understood, why are so many afraid of
being criticized ("flamed," as it's ignominously termed) because they
dare speak their minds.  Don't let these jerks who so often berate the
criticizers by saying that all they want to read is sweetness and purity.
They abhor confrontation.  Let them abhor and abhor some more, if that be
their nature.  But by the same token let this be a list wherein ALL VOICES
can be heard (read in this case), for it is in the true spirit of give and
take (politely if possible or just plain bitchy if you prefer) that more
often than not, the truth finally comes forth in one form or another.

Maybe BIG could "code" a particular post as something like "HS," for "Hot
Stuff" or other identifyer so that those who prefer nothing but sweetness
and pablum could skip over such marked posts, while the others could
delight in the ferverent give and take of strongly expressed words and
thoughts.

Whattaya think, you'awl?

Edward Lipinski, who must reluctantly confess that understanding Bill of
Zen on his Scandahoovian explanation of "rainbow," leaves me with these
words: Huh?  What?  Come again, please?

And while I'm at it, please good person that you are, don't make me go to
some bloody long URL to understand what you're trying to say.  Since you've
obviously been there (and I really don't want to go there) could you
perhaps paraphrase whatever is there that you want us (me) to know?
Please?  & Thanks.