From:
Selina Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:46:56 -0400
Bob, I really, really enjoy your posts, and I'm sure the majority of
FML'ers do as well.  I print out a lot of them for my vets, some of whom
are/were convinced that commercial pet foods are better than anything
home made.  I don't always sent out acknowledgement for the people who
post such good information to the FML, to BIG, or to you... I'm sure if
everybody does, the fml and your mailbox would be overflowing!  that's
one of our problems, I guess, we take these things too much for granted.
I'll like to take this opportunity to echo your amen to BIG for doing
such a great job.

I'm have just submitted two papers to conferences, it took me weeks to
get them ready.  I have some idea of how much work goes into your posts
and I'm amazed as how fast you can produce them.  I would like to tell
you how much (more than a 100 ferrets, if you want a number) I appreciate
your taking the time to provide such well document and referenced posts
for us.  and ask other people on the list to do the same.  my ferrets
sent their appreciation for the chicken gravy as well.

for the petty, close-minded attitudes of a tiny minority, I hope you will
be able to ignore them.  it is harder to do when it is your work and
there is so much emotion invested in them, but petty people are not worth
the effort of worrying about.  if a post is not worth replying to, don't
reply to it (I hope this post is!).  there will be those of us who
understand why.  and you can't change the opinion of everybody on earth.

I'm sorry about your loss of a loved one, and loss isn't something
anybody finds easy to deal with.  one of the things that helped me
continue my work after I lost Storm was when a friend suggested that
I dedicate my work to her.  I don't know if you do the same.

I look forward to when you finish your series on caloric restriction.
so those of you who would like to see the series end as well, please
express your interest for Bob!

// Selina, Sprite, Sand, Bear, Dart & Clef
// in spirit - Birch, Dief & Storm
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu