Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 07:29:11 -0400
Hi I have a question.  I have never seen this before my one ferret
started with it shortly after we adopted him.  I don't believe in bathing
them all the time due to the stripping of their natural oils.  I have a
neutered male about 4yo who has this waxy buildup on his head and neck.
I do bathe him to get it off because he has that sour waxy smell but
within a week it starts to build up again and within two weeks you could
literally scrape small chunks off with your nails off the top of his head
and if you don't keep it off he gets red underneath.  What caues this?
and is there a solution to helping him to stay cleaner?

Thank you
Debbie