Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:47:52 -0400
I was supposed to meet a bunch of you great ferret folks in Portland
last month. We had been planning the trip as part of a family vacation
for about 8 months. The week before the we were to leave, I had a heart
attack (at a RUSH concert in Atlanta, but that is another story.)

Today in the mail I got a "thinking of you" card from an amazing bunch
of people that I would have met in person there; almost without of
exception I first met each here, at BIG's place.

I am not going to go into just why it was a big deal, but it was. Just
picture a grumpy 46 y.o. guys with eyes a bit more moist then he would
like to admit in most public forums.

To those that took the time to do this, thank you. It meant more, and
has done more, than you could have imagined. To the one who made it
happen (and I think I know who that is)... well... (cleans ears.)