From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:02:31 -0400
Farm raised mink are kept in something like a 2x2x1 nesting box with a
similar sized wire area.  They are expected to poop over the wire and get
their food and water through dishes attached to the cage.  They have very
little quality of life.  The ones I've seen have such dead eyes.

Pet mink are spoiled rotten brats around whom the universe revolves.  If
you don't believe the mink will remind you.

My mink is kept in a large ferret cage, 2x3x4.  It has two floors and a
large shelf above each floor.  He eats ferret chow and drinks from a
typical water bottle.  He plays with the same toys as the ferrets, with
only exception being he likes water bottles as toys.

He plays in the ferret room and swims in the bathroom several times a
week.  There are distinct behavioral differences.  Socializing a mink
into a well behaved housepet is hours and hours of work.  Not for the
faint of heart.

KG