From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 10:16:10 -0700
>This is my first time to post.  I have one female ferret, named Han, and
>I'm going to move to South CA in this summer with her.
>
>I read one HP about ferret that it isn't illegal to own ferret in there,
>but it's againt the law to sell the ferret, and it is knows as not being
>particulaly hospitable to ferrets.
>
>Does it mean that I can't bring her by airplane?  or there is no clinic
>which cares ferret in South CA?

If it's impossible to bring frret by airplane, what would be happend if I
brought her secretly?( like carring her by car from the nearest state which
isn't illegal to bring ferret)

I'm a veterinary technician in CA and I can tell you that you will not be
able to openly transport you buddy by airplane.  Ferret's are illegal in CA
'cause, as we all know, they are vicious creatures that attack little
babies, pillage chicken farms, and contribute to the state deficite <sarc>.
If, somehow, your fuzzy buddy happened to make it over here, there are some
people (vets & vet techs) that will treat ferrets.  There are a few sites
that might have a sort of unofficial list (I won't list which ones here for
fear of CA Fish & Game stormtroopers.)  I have seen some people with ferrets
around, but you will have to grow accustomed to a fugitive life style as
they have.  No more walking you ferret around the block or anything like
that.  And God forbid if you buddy nips someone.  Standard procedure for
that is to have him euthanized and dissect his brain <not sarc>.  So please
be careful.  South CA is a ferretist state.

[MR]