From:
chelle schlake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:28:35 +0000
I just wanted to say that I have had cats and dogs at the same time as
owning and rescuing ferrets.  Infact my cats are hunters.  I see them
kill all the time.  My effots to stop them in the yard have pretty much
become ineffective.  Infact I have an quite the combo of animals and i
have no problems.  I have Chinese water Dragon Lizards, Cats, Dogs, and
ofcourse the Ferrets.  I have never once had a problem out of any of my
animals with one another.  Maybe this is because I watch closely.  Trust
me no one gets away with anything in my house lol.  My dog is NEVER alone
with the ferrets infact he is in the kennel when we are gone and if i
have a ferret out he isnt allowed in the room with out me holding the
ferret(s).  Now the Cats well hmmmmmmmm thy sniff, they dont touch.  but
then again i dont allow the Cats with the ferrets unattended.  Now
finally my Lizards.  This is actually the lowest of the chain in the
house.  You actually kinda need to watch the Ferrets on that lol they
always seem to realy want in the Lizards cage and NO i have never let
them "play" to what would happen.  I think having other animals around
other animals even if people say there is a predatory issue is not a bad
thing nor should it inhibit a person from getting a pet.  The key there
is to WATCH you animals closely.  I have and will continue to adopt
ferrets out to homes with cats, dogs and lizards.  Now if some one
mentioned say a Reticulated Python now I would realy REALY have to think
about that in a hard way lmao.  But it has never happened.  Cats may be
predators but what animal is not.  Personally I think some people suffer
from paranoya (sp) and that is just an opinion.  anyways im done with my
novel lol i just wanted to commment onthis because it is an issue that
actually bothers me.

chelle