From:
"Paul E. Jamison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:24:51 -0700
To J. Matthew Saunders:

I live in Wichita KS, and this is the first I heard anything about them
being illegal here.  They're openly sold in pet stores, and vets openly
advertise that they treat ferrets in the phone book.  My girlfriend is
owned by two carpet sharks, and when Al had to be taken into the vet for
an eye problem (Still don't know how he injured it; it had to be removed --
he's fine, BTW), there was nothing clandestine about it.

I think it's safe to say that ferrets are NOT illegal in Wichita.  Perhaps
your wife's source of information was thinking of Wichita Falls, Texas.  No
telling what the situation is there.

Paul E. Jamison, Esq.

--

"So this Vorlon says to me, 'Never ask that question!' And I go, I says,

'IT'S THE ONLY QUESTION I'VE GOT, BABY!!"
      - The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs Space Stations at Midnight