Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:52:33 -0400
Thanks to all who responded to me about hedgehogs and ferrets.  I don't
want an animal that has to be kept in a separate room from Rocky because
I have a very small apt.  He is free roam, so every square in.of the apt.
is his.  I can only close the door to the bedroom and bathroom, and those
are the two rooms Rocky sleeps in.  He chose a couple of nice, dark,
quiet spots.  His favorite right now is inside my bedroom closet in my
laundry bag; when it's too warm he sleeps on top of the bag instead of
inside (or in a old black soft shirt of mine under the dresser).  What a
joy for a ferret to sleep in stinky clothes that smell like me and have
access to tons of shoes in boxes, which he messes with all the time!
It's almost like his own room.  Oh, and he has a new nickname--Closet
Boy.

Also regarding hedgehogs, someone told me they make a lot of poop and
can't always be trained.  But they are the coolest looking creatures,
though I've never seen one in person.  They are also one of many OTHER
illegal pets in NYC, but obviously that wouldn't stop me.  On top of all
that, I read that fruit is good for hedgehogs and you should feed it to
them regularly.  Just image me giving the hedgehog fruit and not Rocky!
For sure he'd want to kill it (and maybe me too).If anyone can think of
an animal I can have with Rocky (besides a dog, cat or ferret), please
let me know.  I prefer to have one that's diurnal, since I hardly see
Rocky during the day.

Thanks again,
Dooks to the ferts!
Fruit to the hedgies!  (Sorry ferts, you are CARNIVORES.  Why can't you
just accept it and eat meat!)

Shron