From:
nancy crocq <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:51:35 MST
If you ever put your home up for sale, this is DEFINATELY what NOT to do.
My husband and I just put our condo on the market and every morning we have
to hide the litter pans and put our two ferrets in their cage.  The other
day my husband forgot to do this when he left for work.  (This is his job
because I leave for work earlier).  Anyway, the Edmonton market is so slow
that I don't think we really expected that anyone would come to see it right
away.

What happened?  You guessed it.  Someone DID come to look at the condo while
we were away.  As the Real Estate lady and older couple came into "the
ferret bedroom", FARRAH the ferret woke up and proceeded to climb up the old
lady's leg - all the way to her face!  I guess Farrah just wanted to see who
she was.  The poor lady just about had a heart attack.  I felt so bad when I
heard what had happened.  She must have scared Farrah, too, because my
ferret seemed a bit skittish all evening, even around me.  The little
ferret, Tashia, slept through everything.  Apparently the Real Estate lady
handled it quite well, and I guess the older lady's husband thought the
whole ordeal was quite amusing.  Unfortunately, they won't be back.  The
ferrets were a bit much.

BOB: I had to laugh when I read your demographic profile of a ferret owner.
I have an MBA, am a Corporate Business Advisor, and splurge A LOT on my
ferrets.  Although my husband loves "our kids" a lot, too, I am the primary
caregiver and purchaser of all ferret products, etc.  In my opinion, ferrets
are the perfect pet for well-educated professionals because: a lot of us do
not have children and can lavish time on our pets, we have nice homes that
we do not want wrecked by scratching; we often live in condos and so can't
have barking; and we have the money to spend on vet bills, etc.  Ferrets
also travel well.  Well, there you have my two-bits.

Nancy,  Sylvain,
FARRAH & TASHIA