From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:51:00 -0700
I came across TF at Bosley's pet food store here in Washigton, The clerk
was kind enough to give me a sample to take home to see if my fur kids
would like it, well of course they did not, except Phoebe, ( my pet store
rescue)  I am pleased, because if anyone needs TF, it is her.  2 things
regarding TF, first, it is REALLY giving her diarhea, it is because of the
food change, but how long can I expect her to have this, I just got her
poops normal..and should I give her anything to alleviate this, or let it
run its course?  Secondly, what are your thoughts on bulk food..I am only
buying it for one ferret and I love the fact I can get any quantity I want,
but it is a HUGE BIN full of TF, how can it stay fresh, and as I mentioned
on the NWF mailing list, at 3.98 per pound I cant imagine it moving that
fast.

Also I have never been owned by a geriatric ferret, Phoebe is so fragile in
my eyes, she is the only one that sleeps in my room, uncaged, though she
has a carrier she can go into, she prefers piles of clothes or blankets.  I
DONT let anyone pick on her, I carry her around quite a bit, she LOVES it.
Now regarding exercise, I have taken her outside maybe 4 times in the past
month, On really nice days and she loves to run through the grass and dig
dig dig...and I worry about all the energy she has just expended and that
she is gonna sleep for the next 24 hours straight..should I moderate her
exercise?, or let her decide, I think she would want to go out all the time
if given the chance.  BTW, Phoebe looks exactly like the Ferret on cover of
Ferret magazine march/april issue.  Also apparently, her previous owners
fed her alot of fruit, So I let her have some in moderation..are there
some fruits ferrets should not sample?  she likes everything Including
oranges!!!!?

Thanks,
June, Louis and the zoo