From:
Candi Gerritson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:46:55 EDT
Dear Sandee and all my friends,

Today has been a horrible and sad day for the Gerritson family.  This
morning 8/16/00 at 9:30 A.M.  I was assisted by our vet in helping our
always loving Old Timer across Rainbow Bridge.  Old Timer became sick
suddenly, literally within a day and was suffering in the worst way.  I
could not see him hurt anymore.  He was 5 years 8 months old.  Old Timer
is our first ferret to cross the bridge and I am struggling but trying to
be strong for my kids.  Old Timer was the kind of ferret who would give
love without asking, loved Frootloops and begging at my children's feet
at breakfast.  He sat up on his hind legs with the best of them.  He was
dearly loved by my entire family but mostly by my 9 year old daughter
Austin Marie.  When Old Timer came to us about 7 months ago he was old and
didn't move as fast as the rest of the other ferrets, so my daughter would
take it upon herself to carry him to all the fun.  He would fall asleep on
her lap as she caressed him.  As you all can see Old Timer taught us how a
ferret loves it's human - unconditionally.  Sandee could you please show
our Old Timer around the bridge as he will know none of the other ferrets.
He loves ferret-tone but hates fero-vite.  You could maybe show him a nice
soft hammock to lay in.  Tell him Mommy,Aleshia,Austin,Ben and Daddy will
miss him forever and ever and we will never forget him.  Also Sandee please
tell him that Sleet his girlfriend and life long cage mate is searching the
hammocks for him but she is now living with Mercury and Cody.

Thank you to all my friends, Candi

PS: I am sending a photo of Old Timer.  I hope BIG you can somehow
attach it.

[Moderator's note: Unfortunately, I can't attach the photo -- it's over
19,000 lines!, or nearly 14 times the size of this FML ;-(   BIG]