Date:
10 Oct 94 12:42:43 EDT
Howdy All!

My Mother who is the proud owner of 2 females (spayed etc..) asked me
a question the other day and I thought it might be worth a write because
I waasn't able to find anything directly relating to it in any of the
back issues I have.  Here goes:
One of her ferrets appears to have an ugly odor eminating from her ears
No infection is evident or are ear mites.  What should she clean them
with, and should she be concerned.  The other ferret shows no symptoms
of this at all.  Any Thoughts?

Secondly,
I see ferret food discussed regularly on the FML and thought I'd add
my .02 worth.  My Wife's father works for Purina and has been able to
get us a couple of different chows for ferrets.  Ours seem to thrive
on the stuff.  I don't know whether the rest of the world can get it,
but they make 3 types that I am aware of:
Mazuri Ferret Chow
PMI Lab chow for ferrets
Purina Lab chow for ferrets.
In looking at the ingredients, the protein levels seem to be high (38%)
and my critters just love it....  If anyone is interested, I'll see if
I can get an address for you.
Thanks,
Douglas, Melissa and the critters...