From:
Tammy Graves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:24:17 -0500
Hello everyone, I'm new to the list and am anxious to learn new things
about ferrets.  My history: I have 2 ferrets currently.  Both female,
sable & black.  One is very distinctive in that she has a short tail.
Born that way, not cut.  I figure that she was probably the runt in the
litter.  "Frostie" my short-tailed girl is about 3.5 yrs old and "Rachel"
my little rat-girl is about 2.5 yrs old.  Rachel is extremely hyper and
does not really enjoy being held and snuggled, but my 2 daughters don't
care.  They hold her every day.  Frostie, on the other hand loves
snuggling and follows you everywhere.  On top of having my two ferrets
and two daughters, I also have a 14 yr old Siberian Husky (female), and 2
cats and 1 husband.  We lost our 13.5 yr old male husky (Sirvodka) this
past January.

Anyway, we live just north of Chicago, Illinois and I was wondering if
anyone every knew of a ferret being allowed as a Therapy pet?  I really
feel that my Frostie would make a wonderful one and would like to know
of any organization that might know of if ferrets can join.  Let me know
your thoughts.

Tammy Graves