Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:37:27 EST
Wow I LOVE these stories!!!!  I have a pretty good one, though it came
second hand from my mom (who watched the entire thing) because I was not
at school at the time and she let them out to play.

My first ferret Ozzie, a cute little albino that weighed about a pound
and a half, had a nasty little shoe fetish.  He absolutely adored my
little sisters' shoes (but he would only take one of each pair) but
when my room and his cage were moved upstairs to the attic he lost his
favorite hiding place.  He searched the house for a couple of days (there
were no shoes taken) and finally decided to try to bring them up the
stairs (about 13 with the landing).  He got his favorite shoe in his
mouth and dragged it to the foot of the stairs (the shoe was about the
same size as Ozzie).  He then tried to lift the shoe to the first stair
and after about 5 minutes, he finally succeeded.  He then climbed up to
the first step and took the shoe into his mouth and tried to lift it to
the second step.  It took quite a few minutes for him to realize that
it just wasn't going to work, but "The Osbourne" was nothing if not
determined.  He then decided that he was NOT going to be thwarted in his
efforts and climbed up to the third step (the shoe was still one the
second), he then reached his head down and grabbed the shoe and lifted
it to the third step.  About 5 minutes later Ozzie's favorite shoe was
safely tucked under his new hidey spot, my dresser.  From that point on
I got knocks on my door at least once a day looking for missing shoes,
which of course were under "his" dresser.  He also smuggled dog food to
"our" room, but that's another story.

Lisa and the Diabolical Dozen