From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 05:32:39 -0700
My little deaf panda Chandler, is the sweetest boy ever.  I tell people,
the only reason he opens his mouth is to yawn or eat, not a mean bone in
his body.  I got Chandler from a pet store, he got our attention because
not only was he the most playful, but he also curled up on our lap as we
sat on the store floor with all the other ferrets.  His litter box hit
rate is MUCH better than the others.  NOTHING startles him, he is bomb
proof and loves to ride the vacuum cleaner.  He is the mother Theresa of
our ferrets.  Humphrey is also deaf, he is a chocolate sable, and older
feller, around 5, he too is the most loving ferret.  Maybe I got lucky.
My father said, when I told him that Chandler was deaf, "why dont you
return him, he is defective?" Sometimes my dad just doesn't get my love
for my babies.  GLUE traps..I made the mistake once of buying those,
because once the little critters are caught, they don't die, you have to
kill them.  I know poisons are not an option, so what else is out there
that is a humane but safe for the ferrets, mouse "deterrents"?  the time I
used the glue traps was in a restaurant, years ago, the only time I
personally had a mouse problem was with my horses grain, and they would
nest in the bales of hay, which my Doberman at the time, would gladly nose
around and eat up the tiny little morsels...jeez, I had 8 cats, and it was
my dog that did the mousing!

So what is the best way to catch/kill or deter mice?

Stay fuzzy
June Louis and the gang..missing Oliver