From:
Jill Sestini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 18:28:45 -0500
I've been reading for a couple years, and finally have something to post:

In the past year we've added two new ferrets to the family.  Moe last April,
and Iggy this week.  Each was 8ish weeks old when we got them.  Just after
bringing the newbe into the house, on both ocassions, I've shown symptoms
similar to those of cat scratch fever (feliniosis, i think), swolen glands,
slight fever, headache.  I know, sounds like the flu.  My hands are all
marked up from playing with Iggy, and most of the scratches are red and
irritated.  So, I was wondering if feliniosis also related to ferrets, or if
there was anything similar associated with ferrets.

-jill

:: loving memory of jasper