From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 13:33:09 -0800
>From:    Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Hello, PFRA, deaf ferrets & odor killers
>I'm sooo proud to say that my Slinky is the one who won Best Alter in
>Show at Ferret Expo '97!!

YES!!! Nice ferret!  I was Ring #3 judge...

Its amazing how often rescued ferrets win trophies.  Must be the extra care
added by those who take on rescues.  Take a bow yourself Kymberlie!

Seventh place in my ring was
>>>My Perfect Shadow (dark-eyed white)  owner: Kymberlie Becker (PA)

Since this is blind judging there is no way I could have known the owner.
Two top ten finishers is pretty darned goo!

>From:    Adrienne Goldsmith <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Regulation of Breeders
>I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any regulating body for
>breeders.

Nope.  The USDA licensing is for pet stores sales mostly.  They don't care
about hobby breeders.

Its only if your animal control people can be convinced that what he is
doing is animal abuse.  Sounds bad but not to the point abuse charges were
brought.  If this is his private house a back door method is to check into
zoning laws.  Some areas regulate the number of animals in residential
areas.  Some don't.  Currently Prince William County VA does not regulate
animals other than adult dogs.  Careful with this if you aren't in
compliance yorself.  We stay in close contact with animal control in PWC.

The AFA does breeder recommendation so you might want to contact them
[log in to unmask] to mention this directly to them.  Wouldn't want the AFA
recommending a breeder that shouldn't be recommended.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]