From:
Candy Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:47:40 -0400
I'm hopping someone else has had this happen to one of their ferrets
and figured out what was wrong. I've lost one ferret, Keeko, and
another one of my boys is now sick showing the same signs, Mongo.
He's lost alot of weight but still eats. He's been checked by a vet
and everything looks fine. The only other option would be exploratory
surgery which right now he would not survive. He has been on
antibiotics and a high protein food from the vet. It helps and he
starts to gain weight again, but if he's off it for a week or more
he goes right back to where he was. I feel like I am just treating
symptoms right now and not the cause and it's scarring me. He is so
thin right now. Please anyone if you have any idea what could be
happening please help. I'm not ready to send another one of my babies
over the bridge.

Thanks.